External SEND Support

Where to go for help

Being a parent to a child with Special Educational Needs can be challenging. At John Rankin Federation, we try to support parents through our strong SEND and Pastoral Team, regular meetings with staff, coffee mornings with outside professionals etc.

There are also many agencies and charities that are out there to support. Below are just a few places you can go for help and advice:

West Berkshire Local Offer

The West Berkshire Local Offer also sets out provision, which is available for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), aged 0 to 25, including education, health and social care services:


Disability Living Allowance

If your child has SEND, they may also be eligible for Disability Living Allowance. For more information and to download the application form, please visit:


Additional useful links...

The National Autistic Society

Children and Young People's Integrated Therapies


The Castle School

CAMHS Resources